Monday, February 6, 2012

Trilogy vs trilogy

In star wars vs LOTR, I have to call it a difference of ideals. The ideals of Star Wars are "we fucking LOVE this star fighting bad guy butt kicking rebelling against the overpowering evil". While Lord of the Rings is more about "We hate that this evil exists. We don't want to fight it, well I guess no one else is going to take care of it. Oh we're being so noble sacrificing for the greater good (aha the christian nugget in this saga), then please get us back to someplace comfortable and safe." You know CS Lewis and Tolkien were contemporaries, they were friends. Both christians. But Tolkien was a Linguist gone writer, and Lewis was half theologian half writer. As far as language and creating one of the great if not the greatest english language printed epics. Lucas.... does not have a mind on that level. I agree that without a doubt Lucas has had the biggest effect on movies as any epic ever. Epics follow HIS pattern after all. But at the end of the day he is a compressor of all the things we love into one movie. That is his talent, not describing beauty or deep spiritual concepts, it's making us love the damn thing. Imagine a girl(or guy, whatever is your fancy) coming up to you and just kissing the damn mouth off you and having wild passionate sex. It's probably the most amazing you'll ever have, from a physical point of view.  Now, again imagine someone coming up to you and just making love to you. The most honest, insanely intimate relaxing sex. You know I have experienced that so little. For as much sex I've had, and I assure you that it is a lot (more than I count), I can honestly count on one hand the times I have been made love to.  That's all I want. Anyway which do you prefer? I can understand the passionate physical love. I can say I need it from time to time, but it's not satisfying to my soul. But you can't have one without the other. You need to have passion, but also intimacy. Alright, enough of that for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKg4W_mPUDI

No comments:

Post a Comment