Saturday, February 11, 2012

how will this story be told?

Something that occupies my mind to the point of obsession is frequently "How will I relate this story some day when it becomes a part of my epic narrative?"
Now I know that if I ever do set down a narrative of my life it may not seem epic to others. But when you look back on a moment, either in joy or sorrow, it is regardless quite epic to you. Well it is to me I should say, I have no idea what anyone else thinks about their past.
So I'm preparing to take a trip, and I consider this trip perhaps iconic in my life. For one, I deeply need 8 hours on the way there to deal with things in my life. For another thing, I'm going to see my girlfriend.
Yes, as freaky as THAT is to say, I'm going to see my best friend, and now my girlfriend. This is an iconic turning point in my life regardless. Even if I manage to screw this up (which seems unlikely), it will be iconic. She has been... unreachable for a long time. Now she has come within my reach. If only just. This is both a development for which I am responsible, she is responsible, and it is an answer to prayer so I must credit the Lord. That's a big fucking deal just in case you didn't know. Three people I respect, perhaps the three people I respect most in the world, arranged this. (In case you missed that I mean I respect my judgement, her judgement, and God's judgement most of all.) Where will it go? I don't rightfully know. I'm expected to take things slow.... not something I'm known for. God help me. She's worth it you know. If ever anyone could make me take it slow, it would be her.

No comments:

Post a Comment