Monday, June 1, 2015

I don't know when

My empathy faded but my kindness didn’t
I stopped feeling everyone else’s pain, I stopped even feeling mine
We’re all screwed up
We all fall short of perfect one time or another
I don’t see how me feeling awful for you lightens your load
I’m sorry though, sorry this is the world we live in
One day it won’t be, things will get better.
Things are already better, I made it through one more day.
Hey, so did you! Party! Was it awesome? If not, then be glad it’s over. If so be glad it happened.
Every bad day is one less you have to get through, every awesome moment is proof there is more to life than just the same old shit.
Dr. Seuss said it well: “Today was nice, today was fun. Tomorrow is another one”
I hope another one will be awesome.
In the end that’s what we have, hope and dreams. Someday I hope that my dreams are realities, and my hopes are to make other people believe in their dreams.
I may feel old, and I may be tired. Yet I still feel like a little kid. I still like to search for the best in this tired old world.
There will always be horseshit, but that comes with horses. You don’t have to smell it, personally I just scrape it off. Surprisingly the mud and the gunk just brings moisture to my skin and strength to my muscles. I couldn’t pay for a better spa treatment. 
And the flowers smell so much better when you get out of the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment