Wednesday, June 24, 2015

small house cleaning update

I'm aware that there are actual humans reading, but as of this moment those hits don't differ from fake hits from so called "referrer" sites. Google can't fix this. If you want me to actually know you are reading, hit reply. I don't bite, I promise. Unless you are spewing hate speech you're better off posting than not. If in doubt, post anyway and I'll delete it. I reserve the right to change that policy.

Here are the few ways to be sure your reply is deleted:
1. hate speech: as in racism, demeaning anyone based on something arbitrary.
2. Excessive cussing: I get cussing, I in fact cuss somewhat. Of course I am most amused by people not cussing (my boss for example saying "this is a cluster *awkward pause*, a real cluster *awkward pause*). If you cuss like a middle school student, every other word and I can't make sense of your post it'll probably get deleted.
3. All caps, leetspeak, otherwise unreadable: All caps online is considered shouting. The rest is obvious, if I can't read it neither can anyone else, and therefor it is clutter.
4. Shameless self promotion: If you post a short or irrelevant comment and link your page it will be deleted as soon as I see it. This is the easiest to avoid (if you aren't lazy). First step post something relevant. Second, refer to your blog if it is on topic. If I am talking about wigs, and you happen to be the owner of "Wigs and more, deluxe wigs for the hip fresh look", tell me a little about it and post a link. If you are like me and cover quite a bit of ground, just link a relevant post. Easy hack: write a response post on your blog and link it with the annotation: response post. That's good promotion. I will likely go read it and draw traffic from your blog. I of course appreciate it if you link me on your own, that's the stand up thing to do.

That should cover it for now. If you have suggestions for more rules or for post types reply below.


No comments:

Post a Comment