Monday, June 22, 2015

Recovery Challenge Day 3

Day 3: what are three things you want to gain from this recovery?

1. Sanity
The definition of sanity is:
the ability to think and behave in a normal and rational manner; sound mental health.
"I began to doubt my own sanity"
synonyms: mental health, faculties, reason, rationality, saneness, stability, lucidity; More
reasonable and rational behavior.
synonyms: (common) sense, wisdom, prudence, judiciousness, rationality, soundness, sensibleness
"sanity has prevailed"

Though this is also a philosophical and spiritual goal. I don't have any desire to be sane per other people's definition. I want to be sane within my own established reasoning. I don't have much else to say in this context, but sanity will play a major role in my regular post tonight.

2. Positive relationships with good boundaries.
I was going to say positive relationships that don't drain me, but it all comes down to boundaries. I am still on the road to figuring out which parts of myself to allow certain people in my life to access. In the past I let people have way too much access, and got burned. Right now I think my boundaries are probably a little excessive.

3. Find a path towards health
I don't delude myself that I will reach total functionality. For one I'm a perfectionist when it comes to pushing myself. I'm trying to find some balance. I'd like to be as healthy as is possible for me.

So I'm just going to pick up where I left off here, and these are just going to come when I have time and energy. I actually feel like shit right now... physically at least... but I wanted to do this, so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment