Saturday, October 12, 2013

what we learned today

What have I learned today? What have I accomplished?
How can I measure my progress?
I learned today that I am loved. I learned today how much I love someone else. I learned today that love is actions. Love is not limited by our weakness, sometimes when we are weakest we can minister better than when everything is going right. I learned that if someone loves you they show it. I learned that love can't HELP but show itself. If I buy into God's love (I do) I must accept that his love is real in my life. I must accept that he will deliver and answer prayers. He will care for me, he can't help it. I have been the lover and loved another, you cannot help but let your love go in front of you. You show your love. You love that person with all that you are. God is the original in the love department.

If we realize that love and truth start and end with God, then how can we not see that he will care for us? How can we trust him to be God, know him, and not know what we mean to him? If you are a truth seeker the truth will ring in your heart and hold you upright no matter the circumstances. Your brain will sing and your heart will become giddy. As the word says your rightiousness will go before you and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

We don't worship him just because he brings prosperity and abundance. We worship him through the trials that bring strength of faith. How do we know our love is real? When we know that if we didn't love we would walk away, but we stay. How do we know his love is real? Isn't he still there even after you treated him like shit? I mean that's no excuse to treat him that way, but his love and grace are enough that he will endure our acting out because of our pain.

For over a year I watched children in pain and learned to be a better man. I learned to love others. You have two choices when faced with tragedy like that, either you become a VERY strong helper and lover of people or you become withdrawn, depressed and purely lacking in empathy. It takes choosing to love, even though it rips your heart out. I learned something though, something that I'm going to share with you so you can know without the pain I spent getting this knowledge. When you are full of love, and the person you love is hurting and tries to hurt you, it takes a different meaning. You can see it if they are just so hurt and don't know what else to do. You open your arms, you accept them, you tell them nothing they can do can stop you loving them. You have to mean it. The thing is, no angry or upset child knows what to do with pure non judging love.

We're all like that. We are all children of God. Every single one of us hurts from hurts that we shouldn't have. In our heart we know this, or we wouldn't have so much pain. Pain is our body telling us that things are not as they should be. It alerts us to take care of things. Sometimes it has to alert others to take care of us. Let them take care of you. Give someone the chance to care for you. Chances are there are more people out there that care for you than you are willing to admit. It's so easy to play lone gunman and pretend that nobody cares. It makes for a good pity party, but it just isn't true. If no one else says it today I love you. I love how you are still holding on in spite of what you've been through. I love how deep in your heart you still have some desire that things be better. It's going to be okay. God is ready to not just tell you he loves you but show you. Let him. Just give him permission to work in one thing that you feel is too big for you today. Can you do that for me?

Thank you, goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment