Monday, October 7, 2013

a little bit of outrage

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/07/house-gop-plot-obamacare-shutdown/
well, at least we know that these people have some honesty.... in that the shutdown has been a plan from day one. This just smacks of terrorism, I have tried REALLY hard not to call it terrorism, but hey, if the shoe fits. When you THREATEN, and then DO take down the government, you are a successful terrorist organization. You have said that if the american government doesn't do EXACTLY what you want you will destroy the country. You will crash the economy. You will put people out of work.

I actually find GREAT irony in the fact that for the last 18 months every republican I talk to says "if they implement Obamacare jobs will be lost" and I kept saying "wait and see". I thought they meant the law would lead to employers slashing salaries or number of employees. I didn't know they meant "look if you liberals give people healthcare I'll shoot the government down". I would have been more active in politics. I would have told them that our country has never negotiated with terrorists.

The only silver lining is that who they are is coming forward. We now know they aren't lawmakers, they are lawbreakers. Honestly it should be criminal to purposefully sabotage the economy. It should be, but, well you know all about white collar crime.

----------------

so look, let's pretend, for a moment, that reducing spending is what this whole shutdown is about. I saw a clip with Rand Paul and he said essentially that. If that was the case wouldn't there be a potential for compromise if we just trimmed the budget even more? If we placed cuts on already existing programs that aren't adding value to our economy, would that not be a reasonable compromise?

Look the debt is a problem that should have everyone worried, because if we keep going farther into debt there may be some consequences. I've had to balance a budget before and I know what the first thing that gets cut is:expenses that do not improve my income picture. I'm just grasping randomly here but a great example is the military industrial complex. We are producing billions of dollars of weapons we don't want to use. I'm not saying stop the research, or keeping a good base of troops trained, I'm saying cut this thing, it's not making you any money.

The ONLY way that the military makes sense from an investment standpoint is if you can somehow use them to create revenue. Since looting is pretty well hated I don't think that works.


I'm not saying that's the only solution, I'm saying that you need to start looking at cutting other areas. Getting people healthy is a GROWTH market, it's reinvestment that will pay huge dividends. I think that if we cut spending and the republicans said that was what they wanted all along then this whole thing could be over by the end of the day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment