Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Just a why

So, it occurs to me that I have a very convoluted opinion on sex, as in that my perspective is skewed in a way that is amusing to me. So, given that I broadcast TO DEATH everything that amuses me (you don't get to see all of it, short version of the story: I'm out of my mind), I will now talk about what I think about sex. Note: This changes over time, so this is a snapshot in time of what I think in early July of 2013. So if you know me in real life at ANY other point, you have to realize this evolved and is still evolving. I don't know why I used the word evolve there because evolution involves death and multiple generations, where-as ideas within your own mind adapt and grow.

ANYWAY! Sex is fun, fun fun fun, party party. I think it's a very interesting cross section of our society and how it takes things that should be very serious (like sex, running the country, and relationships) and completely acts like they are simple and childish. It's sort of like if someone took ax murder and made a cartoon show about it with cute squirting blood and everybody laughing and having a good time. Then someone makes a live action version and it becomes the most popular thing of all time. Because we're all sluts for satisfying our inner urges. Well, I am, you people can go on pretending your not. You don't have to let anyone know, I'll keep your secret, I'm your friend.

Now sex actually activates brain chemicals that make you WANT to get attached, which is why unless you're a sociopath FWB (friends with benefits) doesn't work. Because SOMEONE always wants to be in love and wants better for themselves and to climb Maslow's Pyramid (translation for non psychology geeks: a pyramid of basic needs with eating and surviving at the bottom and self actualization at the top.) It's the natural course of things that as you get your basic needs met (eating, sleeping and fucking) you want more complicated things (like being loved for who you are  and eventually self actualization). Now here is where it gets even more interesting, we are STRONGLY molded by our cultural values. In the USA the Christian Monogamous marriage is considered culturally "right". This means if you aren't doing THAT, some part of you wants to do that. More interesting, because we are turned on by being naughty boys and girls, you may be rebelling and doing whatever isn't in that box (butt sex) for the cheap thrill of not doing the right thing.

So, to sum up the first part of my little diatribe american Christianity says get married then have sex, but many don't do that because sex is everywhere and is pretty much considered the cheapest high there is (it isn't really, but you can go on believing it if you like). It's actually plagued with secondary expenses due to the fact that having it the wrong way, or with the wrong people, is actually closer to abuse and brings along some liabilities. Like losing your sex drive suddenly, pregnancy, overactive emotional attachment, STDs, and legal trouble.

Now, where do I stand on whether I personally should have sex and in what manner. The truth of the matter is I'm pretty sold out. On one hand I refuse to have sex simply for the reason I'm lonely (and yes I DO know how to get it for that reason). I insist on better rationalizations for intimate relations. Now there are rationalizations I share with most men, that being if I have prepared an inroad in my mind for me to have sex with you, I will do it, provided you are as excited by the idea. For example I have a number of types of people I am CRAZY attracted to and would go to bed with in a heartbeat if I thought there were no consequences. However I will not cheat. I will not help anyone cheat, because cheating is the adult version of child abuse and I don't know why it's so accepted. Oh and of course I will have sex if I'm in love. There have been some proposals that I not have sex until I get married again, but realistically, I don't know if that's a good idea. I don't know at all.

Right, so I'm talked out. More blatherings later, hope you enjoyed my educational bit on sex!

No comments:

Post a Comment