Tuesday, July 9, 2013

a little song mix to go with previous post

I thought a little music would help add to what I already said:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-dixXub_dmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think it should be obvious why I picked this one. I know now that I wouldn't have anything if the Lord didn't love me so well. If you know me you should know I don't subscribe to the illusion that a person should lessen himself by telling himself he is nothing. You are all you will ever have, and what is in your head is the path you walk. However, God is the one that can lay out a path. He sets aside things for us.

I wanted to share this verse, Philippians 4:11-13

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t9a1JQi7G3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just love me some country done ironically by an alternative rock legend. The message is good.

I think I'm developing a theme here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eTa2vXL7FI8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dark star..... this song paints a picture of how it really feels to be alone. Sometimes it might seem like we're on a spaceship, watching the rest of the world float by, which brings us to our next tune:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cUtdP53g7p0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Red Dwarf taught me many things. It's a stupid Brit comedy show from the nineties, but it approaches space in an entirely different way than it had been before, apart from in Dark Star. What if you were stuck in deep space, no women, no society, with little hope of ever seeing real people again. All you have is a few guys that become your friends. Well in the series they have a ton of laughs and really make you want to hang out with these guys, even Rimmer.

The key is to not take things too seriously.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-sHNDfUw7p8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is a good series if you haven't seen it, some good laughs. Really you need to be high to totally enjoy it, but sometimes it surprises you. I also suggest Rifftrax to people who enjoy such things. One of my long time suspicions is that my bosses who don't like me would shoot me into space.......... but no such luck yet.

looking back....... I can see where I was in his hand all along. I found some pictures of me at 22...... I looked in a bad way, but sexy after my way. I know that was a dark place in my life, but I lived through it. I'm still here, for better or for worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment