Thursday, July 11, 2013

Inner peace

Inner peace is knowing that every day is another step forward.
Inner peace is taking the challenges in your life and growing from them.
Inner peace is seeing pain and trying to bring love to it.
Inner peace is not about pushing to get your way.
Inner peace is not about judging others because of your own ego.
Inner peace is snatching victory from the jaws of defeat time and again. There is no defeat, not when our trust is in something higher. When the worst they can do to you will still make you win, when you can see all things working out for your good in spite of (or even because of) your troubles, you've taken your first step into a larger world.

I praise God this night. I praise him in the face of everything going as much not my way as possible. I lift up my life and faith as a living sacrifice knowing he will return it a hundred fold. His love endures forever. Though many would try to stir up trouble, their trouble cannot take me down. Because there is no down. Down is an illusion that people have who don't know God. Lose your job, lose your wife, lose your house, what do you have? Fewer distractions. When all else in the world falls away God will still be your anchor and your solid ground.

Tonight I lift up my friends, I know this time is hard for them. I lift up those I'm trying to minister to. Finally, I humbly lift up my own situation. This remains hard for me. Without him it wouldn't get easier, but he can deliver, he can overcome, and he will. He says to stay rooted in faith and lay claim to his promises. That I am doing. I keep looking around at the darkness, knowing that darkness comes before the dawn. Sometimes the Lord has to extinguish the worldly light so he can ignite a heavenly one, if that makes sense.

I made a vow, and I'm recording it here because I want it set in writing, that when he puts me in a place of high resources or money I will not put on status as if I should boast of material wealth. Material wealth is the tool, salvation for the masses is the goal, well, part of it. But I vow that I will not try to impress people with my wealth. If they are impressed I will tell them of God's power and will, I'm not the author of any of the wealth. It's all about him, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment