Tuesday, March 25, 2014

the land and my heart

I still remember the first time I stepped into my house, and it was mine. Yes, there was the annoying mortgage, and there were plenty of projects to do (even more now). It was a step further towards joy. Still some nights I sit in my house, with joy that I have no landlord. Yes, there is debt. Yes, there are taxes. I haven't found a way out of that yet. The point is there is nothing like ownership for freedom.

If you rent, I pray you experience this someday.

My dream..... which is still out of reach, is to own tens if not hundreds of acres in the mountains. I don't even fully have the ability to understand or explain that level of freedom. Of course my condition is that I can pay cash for it...... I know it's huge.... I also know God's power is bigger.

If it can happen it can happen to you. We live in a world where there are vast reserves of cash and resources literally doing nothing. There are these people who for whatever reason are holding on to more than I could make at my present wage in 10,000 lifetimes. I could be crushed by this, but I choose to take heart. The resources exist. The land exists, no one is living on so many of the wonderful pieces of land available. It's a vision, it's a dream. God can do it. Will he? You'll have to wait and see like I am.

What I can say is that regardless of whether this vision and dream comes to pass as predicted God still has amazing plans for me. In fact the bible says they are greater and more majestic than I can imagine or describe. Keep in mind the lifestyle I described, that is what my heart hopes for. God can and will do more for those that have faith. Problems, I have plenty. I have my share of enemies. I'm not without my mistakes. God has taken less and made more. He made a king out of a shepherd, he used a poor man and his fiance to set in motion a plan that would turn the religious world on it's head.

He can, he has and he will. He is the same today as yesterday and he still will be yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment