Sunday, March 23, 2014

Over 5000

At this point I must point out that I have recently reached 5000 views over the life of my blog. That's pretty amazing, with readers in almost every country with internet it amazes me how many people find time to check in on what I wrote. I seriously hope I'm building some kind of value into people's lives because it touches me that if only half of those sat down and read what I wrote that is more looks than most people get on their first novel. That's seriously impressive.

Now I'm not investing my time here because I need attention, it's about the art of writing and the process of honest communication with someone. I'm more interested that what I have to say is understandable and that others can relate than page views. The sad fact is that how many times I am viewed is the best metric I have so far. So, is there anything there should be more of on here? I would offer to do less of something but since most of my posts are to please myself that's unlikely to change.

A few more fun stats, for the last year or so I've been averaging 300 views a month, which means that 3000 of the current 5000 came from the last year. I still have a few posts that still trickle a few new views in every month, most notably Goodbye Letter to My Wife. That post alone has over 494 pageviews and it was posted in February 2012.

I'm trying really hard to have a real emotion about blogging right now, but frankly I don't know what to say. I don't know where I'm going next. I started this out wanting to be uplifting, but here I am the same as before. I'd love to talk to someone, but I can't right now. I've had less than ten responses to any of my posts and have yet to have a real conversation with any of you. I look at the over 250 posts I've made and wonder who was listening. If this spitting of my pain out did any good.

 Is there a future? Is there a hell? If there is then why does this hurt so much? How can there be a hell that is worse than Tulsa on a Sunday afternoon like every other before it? When you stare into the deep abyss and you stop trying to look at anything else. If you were here you'd see it. But then you'd be me, and I don't even think it would be worth the value of someone having empathy for my situation the bad karma I'd get from unleashing my life on another person. Another day, another breath, another bit of pain. One day at a time we swim closer to death and oblivion, which is the only hope there is in a forsaken city.

No comments:

Post a Comment