Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Musical Fun!

The sun has set on that awful day (don't remind me of the day!) It's now evening in the city of shiny lights and tired people.

We march out of our diligence and our work and become at ease. Yes even in civilian life we are often held to our high efficiency standard. It's a man's life... whatever that means.

Now with our vices of choice, and comforts of choice we delight in at least one moment of decent happiness. Even in the darkest night a light can still shine!

So I just stumbled upon some musical fun. This may be highly personal of my childhood, but I ended up tied to some pretty strange music from the early years of my life. One of the bands I was innately familiar of through my early years was called Trout Fishing in America. They did so many fun and funny songs. Also because I listened to them for so long it was like they were friends. Actually at that age a bit better than friends in that they were always there for me.

So I was searching for one of the songs, and came across this:



This is of course a much OLDER version of the song I grew up with, and something about it charmed the socks off of me. I liked this song a little when I was growing up, but I loved this so much as well. I mean this is a pressed moment of history. That voice sounds like something right out of a world war 2 broadcast.

Here is the version I grew up with



I of course cannot comment on the actual video. I think some young fans had some fun making a fan video. Yeehaw next generation!
So then I went to another old standard, the proper cup of coffee song:



Then I thought "wouldn't it be funny if there was an older version of this song?

So I poked the internet about twice and out it spat THE ANDREWS SISTERS! Sorry, excited.



Yes, these things exist!
They are also terribly pleasing to me, hopefully so to you.
Now I've gotten all sanguine. Missing my boys. You know it was the most meaningful fun work I've ever done or ever will do. Why can't anything stay easy? I used to sing to them, I was so happy. A simple man in charge of his environment, are there any greater joys? Free food...... Oh God I would have stayed there forever had things been stable and serene. I had a place, a function, and love, so much love. I mattered in the greatest sense I think I ever have.



No comments:

Post a Comment