Tuesday, January 31, 2012

naming convention fun


So I was looking through boring stats and stuff and it appears I picked a really distinctive name for my blog. This is somewhat gratifying to me, though at the same time rather shocking. I thought that many people would have the image of a blog as a sort of explosion of ideas from their head. The difference I would think in my name, and how I tried to make myself distinctive is by putting the word improved in front of it. Of course this wasn't actually a marketing move, it was more of an attempt to distance myself from my previous blogging attempt: "Larry Albano's Head Explosion" which was of course my rants and observations packaged under another name. It obviously didn't fool anyone as I discovered it was unfortunately linked to me in a irreversible way. Of course I could have opened up new accounts and continued to try and disguise my deep, disturbing and rather volatile thoughts. But I decided to improve my honesty and just publish under my name, hence improved. I still sincerely doubt that anyone aside from a girl I dated very early in the game has found both me in real life and this blog. And even if they did I would welcome anything they had to say about either.

Anyway in a group of google searches I did to see where I came up, I found some fun links:
http://mindhacks.com/2009/05/07/exploding-head-syndrome/ 

  http://www.mit.edu/~mkgray/head-explode.html

And the snopes article about that exact weekly world news article:
http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/chess.asp

The weekly world news, america's silliest in print publication. Prominent player in great overlooked Mike Myers movie "So I Married an Axe Murderer".

And finally, on the topic of movies, we have movies featuring exploding heads:
http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2010/02/24/videos-of-heads-exploding-in-movies/

Of those movies I have seen Pulp Fiction and Mars Attacks, and am unlikely to put any of the remaining movies on my must watch list. Just saying.
Anyway tune in next time for more stuff that just comes out of my head. And what's more you don't have to go to the movie theater, or have a rare medical disorder, or work for the weekly world news to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment