Friday, December 30, 2011

high standards

So there went another one not working out.
Every day it becomes more and more certain she's not coming back.... not that I'm shocked. Once more I'm reminded that maybe I should raise my standards. Not that they aren't high already, they just could be higher. This last one fit most of the standards I had set. She was Smart, Pretty and Sweet. Or so she appeared anyway.
And apparently the decision center of my brain let me break two BIIIIG rules because of that. One, the sex rules. It's supposed to be 6 months until sex, not one week. Also, no gifts..... really ever but not until we get some commitment out of the girl. But instead I bought her.... 70 bucks worth of stuff for christmas.... tack on a 100 dollar meal. Yes, you heard me right. This is the highest investment per one beautious sexual encounter since that beautiful post summer experience. I still vote the summer experience was the most enduring beauty.
The thing about where my life is now is the beauty is ALL that matters..... oh but she was a pretty one. The most beautiful woman I've dated. Bar none. Better go save a picture....
So I now have pictures of women numbers
1 (who is one year younger than me)
2 (same age as 1)
(missing number three... she wasn't remarkable and I suppose I don't NEED to remember) (same as 2)
(missing number four... one night... not remarkable in the least.... I don't know her name let alone need a picture. Granted I'll probably find it sooner or later.)
Alright I think I'm missing one, because I have picks of what I thought was mystic number 6 but now I suspect is number 5. I'm going to ask Nikki.... we'll find out later
anyway obviously just got picks of number six... whom I thought was 7......... geez.
Oh on that note she was also the oldest, 7 year age gap. Where the previous one was a mere 4 year gap..... Maybe that's the problem. My mom gave me a long lecture about how I'm too good for all this. She's right of course.
She seemed smart.... thought she might have accepted me.... but we'll never know now.
Anyway I wasn't thinking of it in those terms when it happened. I was thinking "here's a pretty girl who appears to care for me, and I'm starting to feel something. Grab that damn thing before she slips away."
So I broke the rules. And got too close too fast, and blew it right out of the water.

I've been listening to the soundtrack of My Fair Lady, and many of the songs are quite apt for my situation. "Why Can't a woman be more like a man" is probably my favorite, if it isn't then "Let a woman in your life" is it.
Aha, found her.... and I don't have any pictures of her on this computer. But yes, I found six, which means I am on 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment