Saturday, November 5, 2011

an unexpected perk of single life

So for the past year and a half this month I have been out of my marriage, been dating, two relationships and 5 women slept with, yes in fact I do keep track.
For confidentiality I will go only by first names:
1. Nikki
2 Jenn
3: unknown girl in february or march, my dates are kind of fuzzy
4 Shannon
5 Haley

Bringing my yearly average to 3 and a half for the past two years, of course I'm going by calender year
On the other hand this year, the second year, while I have doubtless increased the number of women I have slept with, as far as frequency goes it is on the decline. For instance with #3 it was a one night stand, a horrible one, I could tell war stories. same, in a different way with #4
#5 takes the prize this year for frequency, giving me more than 25 times to learn from.
Yes I'm being public, yes I'm being blunt.

Now for the reason I am in review mode, I am once more single, I had two relationships over this fall, and when the second one ended for various reasons I was uninterested in entering into a third, mostly for damage control reasons. Most of the time when I remain single for months on end it's a damage control effort.
So right before that relationship ended I recieved a job offer, which I am on the first week of right now. A realization that I had way back at the beginning of my enforced solitude was that most of my work conflicts had roots in my romantic life. In particular my marriage took much of my energy. I saw a radical change in fact from when I was unmarried to being married in that my job success took a nosedive and never fully recovered.
So now there is nothing, and I mean nothing, to stop me from working every minute of the day I can, and that I can be scheduled. 31 hours next week. This sort of work ads up in a big way on payday. So the net result is that 1: I'm more busy, productive, and therefor in theory healthier, 2: my wallet gets a little more fat and 3: my social needs are met and in fact overflowing.
Which leads to my point. I'm not dating unless a sign from God occurs or a woman that literally takes my breath away shows up. I'd much rather be alone and well off than with someone and poor. That's just the nature of the beast of my life. Furthermore if I can maintain this level of activity over the course of years, and can combine it with relatively good fiscal management, I can keep my house (hopefully), upgrade my standard of living (mind you it isn't bad already, just needing some tweaks), and eventually if plans work out begin building my fortune. From such small beginnings come larger progress. Furthermore by avoiding women (who I don't know if you've noticed, but are the source of most financial hardship), I avoid accumulating more debt and as a net result by the time I'm 40 could be a millionaire, or living the lifestyle of one.
So in the spirit of the season I want to list the upgrades to my lifestyle, in priority order
1. Full large tech upgrade, new desktop, new big screen tv, and some accessories to go with it
2: garage door lock
3: large winter coat
4: washer/dryer
5: furniture
6: Small tech upgrades: router, network drive(s), bedroom tv, hardware upgrades to PC, perhaps when the price point is low enough employing a second PC to run certain household functions
7: appliance repairs, ice maker and dish washer
8 3 piece suit
9 double breasted suit
10 dress boots
11 small clothing items, french cuff shirts, tie tacks, tie pins, cuff links, ties, hats, canes

No comments:

Post a Comment