Friday, August 28, 2015

Where your treasure is

Today I met a man who had worked for over 40 years, owned 9 car dealership and had a house worth half a million dollars (in my city that's like a multi-million dollar house.) In his garage he had two perfectly restored chevy Bel Aires. Every gate in (and out) of his yard was locked tight.

It just struck me as.... well I'm not going to judge it for him, but I can't imagine being there. I left sales because I wanted to DO something for a living. I couldn't imagine owning a bunch of car dealerships... basicly existing to make money. It's so... I don't know what. At that moment I turned to God and said "and that's why I won't be making 5 million dollars on my current path, not the usual way". Money isn't my treasure, there are other things far more precious. Family is the sappy but true response, but me time and my hobbies are also nice. I enjoy thinking free, and there is nothing as freeing as not submitting to other's motivation system. Having enough and being happy with it is the greatest revolutionary move in capitalism. The whole economy relies on people not being satisfied. Start finding happiness with what you've got, and it has to find a new way in.

No comments:

Post a Comment