Monday, February 3, 2014

Back on the horse

I'm back to working on my novel today. I've started drafting the newest chapter. Currently I am 30 pages in, around 14k pages, from the goal I am at least 18 percent in.

I created a full sized draft document with indexes. Yes, I'm proud of those indexes.
So it's not to see now, but I wanted to share what I'm working on.
Also, I was reminded of a funny sketch from a british comedy program.

"Stephen: Horses are very big, John.

Hugh: I know they are, Thomas.

Stephen: You fall off one of them, and anything can happen.

Hugh: Quite.

Stephen: (Pause)
Well not "anything".

Hugh: No. Not "anything".

Stephen: I mean this clock isn't going to become Prime Minister, just because someone has fallen off a horse. I didn't mean "anything" is that sense.

Hugh: Of course not, Thomas. Anyway Cavendish is examining her now."

It is my goal, approximately, to create this good of dialogue. It's a process! To be good at any art you must practice!
Full sketch here:
http://abitoffryandlaurie.co.uk/sketches/marjories_fall

No comments:

Post a Comment