Thursday, July 16, 2015

Towards spiritual oubliette

The outside world is nothing to me. Once again for at least the third time in my life I descend and drop out of the world. Here are the steps for anyone else wanting to:
Step 1:Escape
Find things to totally occupy your thoughts. It can be anything. Books are great, so are drugs, sleep, sex, rock and roll, you get the idea. For me it is books and video games. This isn't to be confused with actually being enthusiastic about the escape item. The escape item allows the user to be dead to the world. The escape item keeps a healthy mind occupied when trying to have a normal life would be madness.
Step 2:Detach
Let go of everything you thought mattered. Sometimes we can't let go of our..... day to day habits. Like work. But if you have planned well these things don't require emotional involvement. The ironic thing is that the less emotionally involved you become the easier things go outside.
Step 3:maintain
 This is the hardest step. Every day you have to get up and continue not to give a shit. Every time someone tries to compel you to care, don't. Every time you have to give up a substance you have to keep the same lack of involvement. Change is unavoidable. Caring is. Living is.

We're all just drifting through, cast aside tools of a Deity beyond our comprehension. What is a faithful man to do? A faithful man is as meat that must be kept fresh. Working the meat keeps it fresh. Freezing is also an option. When the owner of the meat is not hungry, it must be preserved. "One day" the meat says to itself "One day I will be of use."
As long as we draw breath there is hope, but hope unfulfilled is deadly.
 Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.
Our duty is to faith. Our duty is to do the best we can with what we have. The best I can is to retreat. An answer will come. Even if that answer is death, an answer that will still be. If I die without anything productive then there are two possabilities:
A life of faith is futile(because we can't know until it is over)
I never understood, despite seeking wisdom I was wrong beyond wrong about what life was about.

As I said, retreat into the oubliette of my soul. Perhaps I will find enlightenment in the wilderness, perhaps I will die there. Either way interesting times lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment