Thursday, July 9, 2015

it's time to start re evaluating the nature of reality

For everything there is a time and a purpose, and a time for everything under heaven. So there must be a time to think on the very nature of existence.

In the past I had considered the examining of reality completely futile in terms of applicable philosophy. Here is why I now think it might not be:

God- It always begins and ends with God for me. I have searched this world from end to end for another who is asking the questions that I am asking, looking where I'm looking and defining the problem in the same way. Thus far I haven't found one, and the quest isn't over yet, it's just time to focus elsewhere. The basic tenet of my philosophy is a question: Is it working?
Searching for like-minds isn't working. It may not even have the answers I need.
God is, I admit, beyond my understanding. I must however deal with him in terms I can understand. Our relationship has to function. As with every relationship I am the element I can control, I am the variable. I've tried reason and I've tried prayer. Which leads to my next point

Lateral Thinking-By definition this is solving problems through a creative and indirect approach. The problem is well known. What I have learned is that often the solution to a problem right in front of you is to step back, examine, then look at something else.

Immovable Objects- How do you deal with an immovable object? Well, you can either destroy it or work around it. I am dealing with multiple immovable objects. Okay, they aren't truly unmovable, but I don't have the resources to move them. Further if I could GET the resources on that scale I wouldn't need to move the objects.

Pushing too far- This was my big AHA moment tonight. I have a tendency as soon as a resource is laid in front of me to push it to it's limits. Tonight I was testing a new program, and given only 15 minutes with it I broke it. Then fixed it again, then broke it to the point I will have to start over to properly solve what I was working on. The point is:I want to figure out all something can do, I want to figure it out quickly. Now, it is entirely possible that I have reached the limits of what is possible in the physical world. That is after all why I enjoy programs so much. It's more likely that the answers lie somewhere else.

I've been accepting the answers for what they appear for too long.

1. So what is real anyway?

This is a classic philosophy question and I don't want to get too inky and intellectual about it. For tonight I'll tackle the problem myself. Another day I may read something and bring more evidence.

To begin I think therefor I exist. Which was Descartes' idea. Expanding:
In that I think I sustain a universe(environment) in which the hardware of my brain runs the firmware of my consciousness. My senses and desires drive me to run the software of thought. Which leads into asking questions:
Did I create the(or this) universe?
Unknown. I personally cannot remember coming into existence. Memory is rather fallible as well so I would distrust it even if I did remember. My personal belief is that there is a creator.
What about the outside world?
Indeed, that is the prime question. First off my senses themselves are flawed. I'm slightly deaf in one ear, my eyesight isn't perfect, and my sense of touch is dulled. Further I am told that I suffer from hormonal imbalance which creates additional problems in perceiving the world as it is.

However I propose that perhaps there isn't a world as it is. When I close my eyes I go to an amazing place where I interface with God, my subconscious and memory. Is that any less real? The only evidence one way or another is other's perception. Returning though to the previous point of the fallibility of human senses, why should I trust them?

Every one of us goes through the world gathering memories and experience, forming opinions and influencing others in hundreds of different ways. Every person is born at a different time, has different experiences and sees the world differently. Quantum physics tells us that percieving changes reality. So doesn't it make sense that a person being alive or not would effect not only the world but existence itself.

Even as we speak though millions of eyes are opening, viewing the world for the first time in a new way. At the same time millions are closing, viewing the world for the last time and ending their ride through life.

What really matters? To me? Making God happy and making myself happy. I generally like to make others happy, but it's not essential.
More later, tell me your thoughts thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment