Thursday, May 16, 2013

They say Jesus will find you where-ever you go

I'm going to start something, hopefully this helps some people. I want to spend more time in prayer, so we are going to try forming a collective of people who pray for eachother. Here is the deal, I will personally pray over every comment I get. But, you have to give me one thing. You must pray for something on here. Pray as you feel led, either for one of the other requests someone has posted, or pray for me. This is my deal. Because the word says where two or more are gathered he will be there. Now not all of you may believe, here is how that works.

Part 1:
Asking for prayer. Asking for prayer as a non believer may be a new thing for you, but for many years while I was totally ticked at my life I asked for prayer and received it. You don't have to believe to see that having people wishing you well is a good thing. That's karma. Do not try and be all holy about it, ask for holy things or whatever BS you think he wants to hear. BS prayers fall on BS ears. Be sincere. You need/want a new car, better life, house, person to love, pot roast, money to go out and forget about the troubles in your life? Ask!! He said "Ask and it shall be answered, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened." So what harm is there in asking for what you want? Do you know the sure fire way to make sure you miss out on the best things in life? Don't ask for them. So that is the basics, ask me if you need any tips.


Part 2:
Praying for someone. This is so simple. Look into your heart and try and feel the situation. What is the real need here? Is it financial? Is it relationship related? If you are familiar with God you can pull from his promises. If not, simply talk to him like you would talk to a car repairman. Tell him the problem you are praying about for someone. Doing this will help your personal needs be met. And it will make you feel better.


A simple list of needs we all have that you can pray about knowing God has promised to provide:
Food
Shelter
companionship

a purpose in life
children

love

If you want something to pray over me about, pray those things. If you need a place to start asking, ask out of those things.

Now for the gist of my thought I had that brought me here. (God just kind of put that last part on my heart).
a song for today:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/epov4_3h2-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
They say Jesus will find you wherever you go
But when He'll come looking for you, they don't know
In the mean time, keep your profile low


That speaks to me. What I struggle with right now is that no one knows when God is going to move. I can't say if, because God will move sure as out of darkness comes the dawn. The waiting is bothering me. So in the mean time I'm keeping my profile low.

No comments:

Post a Comment