Friday, November 15, 2013

frustrated rant

Don't go out of your way making promises you don't intend to keep,
Don't promise tomorrow is going to be a better day, and here is why:
first of all the entire concept of a better tomorrow is a fantasy. Tomorrow never comes, this is why it is easy to keep saying "oh the better times are still coming", well I've been waiting for tomorrow to be a better day for three years, it hasn't happened, in fact I would say that comparatively if today is yesterday's tomorrow anyone that told me that tomorrow would be any kind of good was either at the least misguided and at the worst completely malevolent. It creates an expectation that you obviously don't intend to follow up on. As the good book says let your yes be yes and your no be no. I'm seriously completely okay with no hope for the future to be better than today, today is fine. It's not the worst things could be, and it's not the best. I'm not content, but I am far more content when I face the reality of the lies I have been told about a better tomorrow and focus on today. Okay? That's all there ever is, has been, or will be is today. "Tomorrow" when I wake up then that will become today, and unless some magical transitive property occurs between me closing my eyes tonight and opening them tomorrow chances are that it won't be better. Chances are it will be another hopeless fucking day. So don't tell me it won't, I'll assume you're full of shit. Either make it a better day or don't say anything if you don't have anything true or worth saying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment