Friday, March 2, 2012

Why I would rather listen to Bill Maher than Willie George

Ok, to start I suppose I should explain who Willie George is, for non locals. Willie George is a local pastor, one of the most well rooted christians in the area. For those of you who don't know I live and grew up in a city with hundreds of churches. Being a good christian in a town like this, being admirable is hard for christians. And that starts us on the road of why I don't.... trust.... christians.
Now, on the gut level the biggest issue is that aside from my dad, I have never met an older christian man that I want to grow up to be like. They look stupid on the whole. Ill informed, whipped, and completely in the pocket of the church. I want to grow up to be like Bill Maher. He's smart, he takes on the IDIOTS in this country, he's witty about it. People attack him, they call him a bully. Like Rush Limbough isn't. They're two sides of the same coin. Of course Rush is overweight, out of shape, and maybe a little delusional, but he's an admirable man. Which comes around to what is admirable. Admirable is standing for what you believe in, admirable is being intelligent, admirable is thinking for yourself. So when I hear someone who is all these things, I have to listen. That's all for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment