Friday, March 23, 2012

My 2012 Political Platform

So for those of you who don't know, I am running for president 2012, to oppose the madness in this race. First of all I was born in America, Dallas Texas to two American parents. I have my birth certificate and can produce it on request.

So let's begin, my stance issue by issue:
Space Travel: In my mind one of the most important overlooked issues this election. I think that NASA needs to focus less on what limited things it can do with it's budget and using that budget to market space as a place that the free market needs to push humanity into. Space prospecting is what I'm talking about. Humans need to have sufficient motivation to get into space. We can move energy towards using things that are abundant both on our home world and in space (Hydrogen anyone?). We can prospect for metals that are useful enough to justify the expense of a space mining operation. It's a long shot but we can start working on colony development and helping the development of travel and real estate in space. Also I pledge to put Newt Gingrich on the moon in my second term. No one said anything about oxygen. But I do think that's where he belongs. Perhaps leading a moon colony of ultra conservatives. We seem to have a glut of those people who are not happy in america anymore.
Women's reproductive health: This is also a major issue. Women deserve the right to be healthy, and to make up their own mind. If they determine they need birth control it should be available. I have lost track of the number of stories I've heard about young women who have not had access to good protection and have had their futures marred by having a child too early. Another thing we must do is support our young mothers. This law that says a single parent is grounds for abuse charges is prejudice. Regardless of whether couples are a better environment it is wrong to take a child from a mother just because the father walked out, and vice versa.
Economy: Flat out, Washington must not be a wholly owned subsidy of this nation's big business interests. Yes business is the heart of our economy, and as long as they are keeping and producing good jobs here at home they should be rewarded. But those rewards should not become bribes and corrupt. If a business is corrupt and wants to be treated like a person the penalties should be more than financial, it should be the death of the institution. Yes I want a death penalty for businesses that rely on criminal activities and mistreatment of their employees the basis of being successful in business. But since we can't send these entities to the electric chair, they must be nationalized. Then the nation can temporarily run the business, then break it up and sell it off to the competitors. Being a monopoly should be illegal. I would be a monopoly buster for this country.
Prayer in school: Religion should not be taught in public school. End of story, because if the government becomes responsible for children's religious education that's too much responsibility. It should not be illegal, but you don't have the right to force your values in the face of other people's children. That's an attack. Furthermore it's what this country was founded trying to avoid. Be aware of the history of the church.

That covers the basics, email me with questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment