Thursday, March 8, 2012

casual dating and morality

In the area of things that are just plain silly I would like to take a moment to discuss this thing called casual dating. To begin with I am relatively new to the concept, originally I would date one girl at a time and try and get her into a relationship. Didn't work out that well. Anyway, last night I was chatting with a somewhat attractive girl, I was interested at any rate. We were getting on ok, and so in the Q and A I brought up sex. And she explodes all over me about how immoral I am. That should have been the end of it, but I pushed on, installed a patch on that area, and moved onward. Somehow it came up that I had had some feelings for Nikki, and she accused me of leading her on. No, leading on would be me telling HER that I felt anything for her at that point. At the point of having spoken with me for less than a week a woman does not have ANY ability to dictate what happens in my life. Heck, a woman that has been in my life for some time only gets any say because I give it to them, and that doesn't always happen. No woman I am dating right now has any exclusive rights to me. That is the nature of casual dating. Furthermore, none of them has done anything that would give them any such rights. Having sex with me gives a woman some rights to exclusivity, so I'll probably do a status check before dating more women. If a woman fell in love with me and I felt the same, yeah, I would be exclusive with her with a good amount of certainty.

A commitment is not a commitment until both people enter into the agreement. I can't owe money for something I don't own. What's so complicated about this? Does this woman WANT to claim ownership? Well we've got all the forms over here HOLD ON, what is the basis of your claim?

This strikes me as a christian woman problem. The same as the no sex before marriage issue. It's.... just plain stupid. But then the church LIKES stupid, so there you are. Look, I get that you are insecure and need to project it on someone else, but I already served my time in that jail. I payed my bill for that at the office.

Now on this issue I want to make something clear. IF Nikki had feelings for me, IF Nikki and I were sleeping together, or living together, or attached by anything more sophisticated than crazy glue we would be together. Nikki's feelings for me are somewhat a mystery. And we have determined moving back and putting things on sloooow is the move that is best for her. See, because she earned the right to get some concessions from me. Now with these particular concessions she gave me back my ability to date around. Freedom, all that shit. That's what makes good agreements, both people get something. She gets all the time she needs to figure herself out, I get the option to keep looking, and it's possible I might find someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment