Saturday, April 2, 2016

A note on the political figure of which I have yet to speak

I think some attention must be paid to the elephant in the room, by which I mean the current Republican front runner. I do not care for the man. I didn't care for him when I bought a crappy tie from his collection a few years ago. I didn't care for him when he was on network television. I didn't care for him when he was a so called success yet no one could point to a positive thing he had done. In short I have been aware of said man for nigh on two decades and not once have I found it within me to care.

I am aware he is running for the highest office in the land. That is unfortunate. However the opposite of love is not hate, it is apathy. Those of you who violently dislike the man will have to come to terms with that. It is my personal belief that the only way to combat his nonsense is to pay no attention to the useless man-child.

If he becomes president I will call him the president. I will avoid referring to his name in public, not because I am afraid of him, just because he doesn't deserve publicity. I would like to believe that I live in a country smart enough not to elect such a silly person to the presidency.

As a final note I would be joining the cheers if anything at all removed him from the presidential race. I would not object to something unfortunate happening to this individual that would not only impede him from running, but impede his further ability to function normally.

Why do I feel this way? The reason is that he appears to thrive on people hating him. If he were attacked for that reason he would be asking for it. I only think it unfortunate that we live in a time period where a kangaroo court or a witch trial is an unrealistic possibility because I can say with some accuracy that said person would likely be found to be a witch. Which is not to run down Wicca or people in the spiritual practices associated with the word witch. It is to say that public distaste for this man is at the point that could we put him on trial he would be instantly guilty.

That's one to grow on.

No comments:

Post a Comment