Friday, May 27, 2011

High standards

I wasn't always the ego filled sexist person who is currently writing about how many women aren't good enough for me. There was a time I would have been satisfied with anyone who wanted me. So, what happened?
Well, to be frank, I saw how someone else's faults could be my downfall, and I gained self confidence. You know how people say you can do anything you put your mind to? That's a dangerous thought, because if you really think about that you'll never settle for second best again(at least as long as your life doesn't depend on it, needs are much different from wants.) If you knew that with patience you could achieve perfection, would you settle for someone who demonstrated a good amount of instability? Well, if you are me, you won't.
So.... I realized there are things I'm not attracted to, a short list:
lack of intelligence
overweight women (especially to the extreme)
lack of compassion (big one)
lack of confidence (also a big biiig one)
being in any sort of situation that makes a meaningful relationship impossible
women who are in any way "Taken", I'm not helping anyone cheat

Thats pretty much it at the moment. After my marriage bit the dust I decided that I was willing now to date divorced women, women with children, non christians, and women who smoke or do light drugs. So I think that should balance it out. There is also a requirement of some spark. It's pretty rare. But, if when I meet a woman I know I'm going to break up with them because they aren't enough, it's unethical to get involved with them at all. I'm not going to marry someone who is obese... end of story. Unfortunately in our part of the country there are many many overweight women, and they appear to occupy a large portion of intelligent women. I've tried to open up and let some of the really extraordinary overweight women who have really impressed me into my life. It hasn't gone well. Hence the limitations. I just thought I'd say all that, since my roommate kinda poked at the issue today. She said "why don't you date so and so, she's interested", and so I had to explain this again... and it's not the first time I've said this. I wish it was different. I wish overweight women were sexy..... if they lit my fire like a slim girl.... it would be fantastic. You need to understand that I prefer a skinny girl with A cups (of course very pretty and feminine) to a slightly overweight woman with double Ds. Because... it's just what's hot to me. Sadly... this is america. Skinny intelligent girls are exceptionally rare, at least on the single scene. And getting their attention is a job in itself. So there you go, I have high standards, and I haven't met anyone who interests me who can follow through on promises. There is no woman I can trust in the dating world. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment