Monday, January 11, 2016

Out of the frying pan

Just so you know, for irony purposes the post when the thing I'm worried about actually happens will be called "and into the fire."
Once again I'm dealing with a threat, but I'm just going to keep moving towards it. I'd like to think that's bravery, and it is a bit. It's more faith. When events outside my control conspire against me I remember that when I'm out of control God is more in control than ever. So when I come to the end of me, again, I remember all the times before.

He has never failed me. I've faced so much worse, and over and over he has shielded me, or moved me into the right position. I praise his steadfastness, and in fact I take joy in knowing that when he gives me a chance to lean on him, things are changing, and perhaps for the best.

More encouraging is that I saw this coming. For 10 months I thrashed and couldn't sit still, and the world stood still. For the last month and a half I have been still, and after being still things start to happen. When I trust him there is no higher honor than for the winds to rise, the storms to grumble, and my feet to stay planted on solid ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment