Monday, April 17, 2017

Wash me clean(prose)

Wash me, scrub me, rub me raw
Take me down to the bone
Let me be what remains alone
And does not flow away

Let yesterday be in the past
Let tomorrow be ahead
Let me be free of nagging fear
Or worse a looming dread

I am not free, will never be
cannot/will not own my cage
I'm dead and buried, I'm alive and well
I'm the author of my heaven, or the source of all pain

A paradox beautiful
A life without end
It's a beautiful memory
It's the day you say goodbye

Partings and comings, like seasons pass by
Harvest and reaping, a time for all things

I die I die, so someday I'll live
I scream I scream, so that I can learn to sing
My rage, my joy, are they so different?

My life and my death, a search for harmony
The story will not end until the final word is WRITTEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment