Saturday, June 25, 2016

my line in the sand

I've been trying as hard as I can, yet it feels like it can never be enough. The deck looks stacked in a certain way, why did I pick up the cards?

I thought I could win. I thought my confidence and power would last. I thought I was smart enough, strong enough, or maybe correct enough.

But this is my line in the sand. You can take away everything I have left. You can't have me. I'll get away. It seems like I'm fated to survive this.

I'm washing away, letting all my cares go. Wondering why they seemed to matter so, why is it hard to let go?

Maybe I don't know. Maybe I won't win. But then again winning is walking away to fight again. Today's a new day. I'll survive this too.

One day I'll understand. I'm sorry I didn't plan good enough to fall and rise again. Sometimes there is not enough.

I gave it all up. It's not mine anymore. You can't steal from a man who willingly gives it all away. Talk to God. I'm his and so is this stuff. I don't have to be enough.

Tomorrow will come. Justice will win. I don't have to make it so. God is faithful.

Trusting beyond my ability. Lusting for more than this world can give. Letting my lack be a lesson. Letting go.

This is my line in the sand, and the tide is coming in. It will wash away the filth and disease. Leaving just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment