Friday, November 23, 2018

A little doze, a little prose. Some little thoughts to warm your toes.

intro:

I wanted to work on a piece of work for myself. I haven't written purely for myself in awhile. Most of the time I write to throw my anger against the wall, but there it is. I'm going to try and capture a feeling I've been having lately. At first I was going to work on this for a site where I write anonymously. Then again I thought about writing it for a site where I am very well read.

Neither worked for creative freedom. If I wasn't so ego filled I would just write it and hide it in a drawer. Sadly ego and writing are kept in the same place in my mind.

I call it: No Longer Young

Body:

Young no more
The sun rises unexpectedly, a great and simple joy
now that my naivete is spent
I am no longer just a boy

Alas alas, I sing the song
that aged men must sing
A life so full, mistakes were made
Yet I learn
Yet I grew
Yet my first chapter was wrote

If I had done it differently
who would face you now?
If my face were not so lined
would any wisdom show?
I didn't come for vanity
nor wealth
nor fame
nor did I have desire that any would know my name
I sought to be the best I could
and better I became

Yes youth is gone, and bittersweet
the parting comes at last
I hated youth
I hated the unknown
Most of all I hated who I wasn't
Or maybe who I was

An ego large
ambition drives the man to reach so high
yet passion's flame undirected
 more dangerous than disease
A man who seeks an enemy,
an enemy will find
though none will see the enemy
if not inside his mind

Return at last to rise above
to separateness alone
Home kept in heart
treasured and forgot
Yet found again, and not too late
life bounding yet ahead
for many days are left for me
before all my words are said.

No comments:

Post a Comment